Spinning Babies® is a Parent Class taught by a Spinning Babies® Certified Parent Educator. Spinning Babies® offers ideas and techniques to promote comfort in pregnancy and ease in birth.
The class highlights your baby’s active role in birth by asking “where is baby?” During labor your baby navigates through the three levels of the pelvis. The ligaments and muscles in the bony pelvis may restrict your pelvic levels by being too tight or too loose. Techniques learned will support a balanced pelvis and provide more room for baby to their job, which is to rotate!
Together, you and your birth partner can use these techniques before and during labor to promote a smooth process. Spinning Babies® reveals how your baby can find optimal positions for labor, making birth less painful, and even enjoyable!
This class is for expectant parents only and may be taken as a standalone class or as part of a Birth Series.
What will we learn in class?
- Spinning Babies® Techniques
- Daily Essential Activities
- The Three Sisters of Balance help birth muscles to relax and add comfort now to ease birth later.
- Birth Positions that open the pelvis that let the baby move through more easily
- Your birth partner will learn how to encourage comfort in pregnancy and provide support in labor and birth